Routes for All
Interested in working during term time next year, from October onwards?
We are looking for current students from Ayr, Hamilton & Paisley campus to work on Routes for All, which is a programme of activity promoting further and higher education with secondary school pupils from schools in the South West of Scotland who are considering their options after school.
Working for Routes for All is a highly enjoyable and rewarding experience, and offers excellent experience in working with young people. The work is during the day during term time within selected secondary schools and can easily be fitted in around your university timetable.
- The post holder must be a recent graduate of the University or be studying towards a qualification within the University
- Willing to be checked under the Protected Vulnerable Groups Scheme
- A sound understanding of the benefits of University provision, the University and the locations of central University services and departments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team and independent working skills
- Knowledge of Scottish secondary school education system and a willingness to keep this knowledge up to date
- Friendly and student- centred
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Enthusiasm for wider access and education
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience studying at a college then articulating to University
- Awareness of wider access issues
Application Deadline is 30th June 2014. For further enquiries or an application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org