IT Support Engineer (Graduate/Entry Level Role) – competitive £
Associate Site Support Engineer – based in Livingston, West Lothian. (Initially 6 month FTC with possibility of a permanent role)
Working within a local team, this position under general supervision will provide both on-site and remote second-tier support to end users regarding IT problems, IT projects and end user education. Quintiles employ state of the art technologies from major vendors and cloud providers to deliver high end services. The successful applicant would have the opportunity to support and develop their skills on these systems and technologies.
The candidate will interact with other Global IT Support Groups to resolve problems as well as providing support for IT Projects. The candidate will simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommend system modifications to reduce user problems.
Site Support must maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications.
This individual must also follow Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services. Maintain currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
Escalate more complex problems to Site Support Level 2 and 3.
Responsible for meeting specified service level standards.
Some occasional UK and European travel maybe required by team members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Working knowledge of Microsoft server, networking, and workstation technologies
· Working knowledge of industry standards in regards to system and network administration
· Ability to solve PC related problems utilizing remote control tools
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to improve in personal knowledge as it applies to supporting the company’s objectives
· Degree/HND in Computing or related field or at least two years coursework completed towards Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience in Information Technology with emphasis in PC software (Microsoft operating systems and applications suites, email systems, etc.) within a network environment utilizing PC/server software; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Quintiles (NYSE: Q) is the world’s largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 29,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries. We helped develop or commercialize all of 2013’s top-100 best-selling drugs on the market.
Quintiles applies the breadth and depth of our service offerings along with extensive therapeutic, scientific and analytics expertise to help our customers navigate an increasingly complex healthcare environment as they seek to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of better healthcare outcomes. To learn more about Quintiles, please visit www.quintiles.com
To apply now follow this link: https://quintiles.taleo.net/careersection/uk/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1408650 or contact Leanne.email@example.com for further information.