Are you in 3rd or 4th year?
Develop key skills for your future & boost your confidence with the UWS Employer Mentoring Programme!
What Is Employer Mentoring?
Employer Mentoring is where a professional person gives their time to share their experience of work with a student mentee.
The programme is designed to motivate and inspire students.
What Will I Get Out Of It?
You will have the opportunity to explore a range of things. Previous participants felt it helped them to feel more confident about…
• The skills/experience they already had
• Potential directions/options open to them
• How to address their weaknesses
• Their interview skills
What Students Have Said…..
“Do it! It’s really helpful!”
“It was very useful for me as I didn’t have any experience in my chosen career path. My mentor gave me an insight into the HR world and how to prepare my CV.”
“My mentor has helped me gain more confidence and has helped me a lot. I would definitely recommend for students to give it a go.”
How Does It Work?
You will be matched with a supportive employer mentor who will meet with you on a one-to-one basis, usually in their workplace. Mentoring can help you to:
• Get a better understanding of what employers are looking for
• Enhance your communication skills
• Develop your networking skills
• Enhance your job application skills
• Find out more about the work environment
• Gain contacts in the world of work
Am I Eligible?
ARE YOU: in your 3rd or 4th year at UWS?
HAVE YOU: lived in Scotland for at least 3 years prior to starting Higher Education
DO YOU: meet any 1 of the following criteria:
• Your parent(s) did not go to university
• You joined university after studying at college
• You are a mature student (over 25)
Want To Find Out More?
Come along to an Information Session:
Campus Date Time Room
Hamilton Mon 13th Oct 12.30pm – 1pm A319
Paisley Tues 14th Oct 1pm – 1.30pm J105
Dumfries Wed 15th Oct 12pm – 12.30pm R149
Ayr Thurs 16th Oct 12.30pm – 1pm GT 26
Contact Lynsey McMahon
Direct Dial: 0141 848 3451|