Citizens Advice Direct (CAD) has teamed up with UWS to offer 30 undergraduate volunteering places for students.
If you choose to become a volunteer, Citizens Advice Direct can offer you:
- In depth training in all areas of advice
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly working environment
- The promise that support will always be available either from your support advisor or from our up-to-date support tools network
- The opportunity to work alongside & liaise with Senior Managers, Team Leaders, Staff and other Volunteers.
Volunteering will benefit you as a Student as Citizens Advice Direct will provide you with:
- training on how to deal with clients, clarify issues and improve listening skills
- an opportunity to put your academic knowledge to the test and use it in a practical sense to tackle client problems
- on-going support, the opportunity to undertake a range of additional training and reimbursement for travel costs
- the opportunity to gain extensive transferable skills which will enhance your employability and put you a step ahead of your peers when competing for graduate jobs.
CAD volunteers are normally expected to commit to approximately 6 hours per week for a 6 month period However, student volunteers can adapt these times to suit their academic and other work comittments e.g. 156 hours
Training starts on 1st of Feb and will run every Friday 12 – 3pm for 5 weeks to the 1st of March
Important: By signing up to this training course and volunteering opportunity you are indicating that you will attend all 5 training sessions.
Register here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5231728240#