Are you a recent graduate still looking for your first graduate job? If you’re not already registered on our vacancy site, make sure you do so now! There are currently over 250 graduate vacancies posted here: www.uws.prospects.ac.uk
Did you know that there are several local initiatives funded by the Scottish Government to help unemployed/under-employed graduates into work? Here is a summary of these and eligibility criteria:
Glasgow Commonwealth Graduate Fund
To qualify for support through the Commonwealth Graduate Fund Initiative you must:
- Have been unemployed or underemployed since graduation for at least 13 weeks
- Live within the Glasgow City Council Boundary and can provide residency criteria
- Have graduated since May 2009
- Be legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom for a minimum of 2 years from your potential start date of employment
Register at glasgow.mappit.org.uk to establish eligibility. You will then be invited for an appointment at city council to bring certificates and other evidence. Once confirmed you can view and apply for jobs. Brief vacancy details are also posted on our vacancy site at www.uws.prospects.ac.uk .
Renfrewshire Council Graduate Internships Programme
Those eligible to apply for the internships will:
- Be a graduate with a degree aged under 25
- Live in Renfrewshire
- Be unemployed or under-employed in part-time work or jobs which don’t use their education and skills
Also see the Invest in Renfrewshire Website for more information: www.investinrenfrewshire.com
Scottish Chambers of Commerce
Funding has been secured to pilot a scheme to support graduate recruitment and business growth in Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire and Dumfries and Galloway. Up to 100 graduates unable to find a job will be supported by the pilot in its first year.
To be eligible to apply for a vacancy under this scheme, you must be:
- A recent graduate
- Unemployed or under-employed
NB You do not need to live within any specific boundaries for this scheme
UWS has close connections with the Chambers of Commerce in these areas and we look forward to promoting these vacancies on our vacancies site when the scheme is up and running.
The full press release can be found here: www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2012/06/graduate-jobs29062012
South Lanarkshire Job Fund
Managed by Routes to Work South. Not specifically aimed at graduates, however there may be vacancies of interest and you may register if you live in South Lanarkshire.
For more information visit: www.southlanarkshire.gov.uk/press/article/451/programme_will_create_80_local_jobs
To register visit: rtws.org.uk/
West Dunbartonshire Graduates for Business Growth
West Dunbartonshire Council are offering financial incentives to local businesses to create graduate job opportunities.
To qualify for support you must be:
- A recent graduate (degree level or above) and have graduated within the last two years
- Currently be unemployed or working in non-graduate level employment
- A resident of West Dunbartonshire
For more information contact: email@example.com
Glasgow 2014 Vacancies
No specific graduate scheme, however many vacancies are graduate entrant level. Visit www.glasgow2014.com/about_us/work_for_us.aspx
Vacancies are also advertised on our vacancies site: www.uws.prospects.ac.uk
Currently recruiting and interested in hearing from UWS graduates. Visit www.strathclyde.police.uk/join_us/
Don’t forget these Scotland-wide initiatives, vacancies for which are also posted on our vacancies site: www.uws.prospects.ac.uk
Talent Scotland – www.talentscotland.com/Students/Graduate-placement.aspx
Open to all graduates who:
- Have graduated from a higher education institution within the past two years.
- Have no more than one year of relevant (graduate level) work experience since graduation.
- International graduates must have up-to-date visa documentation that covers the full length of the placement. Contact the Relocation Advisory Service for more information and advice.
- Have good English language skills appropriate to a business environment.
Adopt an Intern – www.adoptanintern.org.uk
Adopt an Intern aims to provide opportunities for graduates to gain paid and meaningful work experience and to establish a sustainable, fair and accessible internship culture in Scotland.
Check out their information for graduates page for more information: http://www.adoptanintern.org.uk/intern-programme-applicants/information-for-graduates.html
Remember you can use our services for up to 2 years after graduation. Please do not hesitate to contact us!