We are celebrating the successful completion of an exciting new initiative: the UWS Employer Mentoring Programme.
The project was inspired by Edinburgh Napier University’s award winning Big Lottery-funded programme.
Mentoring enables students to explore the knowledge and skills employers look for, gain feedback on their CV and interview skills and build confidence in embarking on their graduate job search.
The aims of the project are:
- To improve the employability of UWS students and encourage them to gain graduate level employment
- To help students build confidence in applying for jobs and develop interview skills
- To give undergraduates an insight into the workplace
- To offer a developmental opportunity to Mentors
- To build links between UWS and graduate employers
- Long term – to develop a resource that will enable future UWS students to access employer mentoring
Quotes from Students:
“It allowed me to gain confidence”
“I think it really helps the transition from student to corporate life”
“Do it. One of the best things I’ve done at university so far.”
On Friday June 22nd UWS Careers & Employability Service will celebrate, with employers, students and UWS staff, the successful completion of the pilot.
If you are attending the event and use Twitter please use #uwsemp if Tweeting about the programme before during or after the event.
If you would be interested in mentoring a UWS student please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Interested students should watch out for further information at the start of the new academic year.